ArcGIS API for Python
ArcGIS API for Python is a Python library for working with maps and geospatial data, powered by web GIS. It provides simple and efficient tools for deep learning, sophisticated vector and raster analysis, geocoding, map making, routing and directions, as well as for organizing and managing a GIS with users, groups and information items. In addition to working with your own data, the library enables access to ready to use maps and curated geographic data from Esri and other authoritative sources. It also integrates well with the scientific Python ecosystem and includes rich support for Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Fast.ai, etc. and Jupyter notebook.
This SDK repository contains the following items:
- API Reference Documentation. A hosted version of this can be found here.
- Samples as Jupyter Notebooks.
- Guides chapters as Jupyter Notebooks.
You have multiple ways of executing these notebooks as listed below:
- Execute locally on your computer by installing anaconda and the API. See help here
- Execute with ArcGIS Pro. See help here
- Execute with ArcGIS Hosted Notebooks. See here
- Execute on a hosted sandbox environment. Go to notebooks.esri.com
- Execute in a Dockerised environment. See help here
- Execute with Binder. See help here
Find a bug or want to request a new feature? Please let us know by submitting an issue. Thank you!
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute. Please see our contribution guideline here.
Copyright 2018-2019 Esri
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
A copy of the license is available in the repository's license.txt file.