- POC for CVE-2022-21907: HTTP Protocol Stack Remote Code Execution Vulnerability.
- create by antx at 2022-01-17.
- HTTP Protocol Stack Remote Code Execution Vulnerability.
- Similar to CVE-2021-31166.
- This problem exists, from last year which is reported on CVE-2021-31166, and still there.
- attackComplexity: LOW
- attackVector: NETWORK
- availabilityImpact: HIGH
- confidentialityImpact: HIGH
- integrityImpact: HIGH
- privilegesRequired: NONE
- scope: UNCHANGED
- userInteraction: NONE
- version: 3.1
- baseScore: 9.8
- baseSeverity: CRITICAL
- 10 Version 1809 for 32-bit Systems
- 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems
- 10 Version 1809 for ARM64-based Systems
- 10 Version 21H1 for 32-bit Systems
- 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based System
- 10 Version 21H1 for ARM64-based Systems
- 10 Version 20H2 for 32-bit Systems
- 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems
- 10 Version 20H2 for ARM64-based Systems
- 10 Version 21H2 for 32-bit Systems
- 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems
- 10 Version 21H2 for ARM64-based Systems
- 11 for x64-based Systems
- 11 for ARM64-based Systems
- Windows Server
- 2019 (Core installation)
- 2022 (Server Core installation)
- version 20H2 (Server Core Installation)
- Windows Server 2019 and Windows 10 version 1809 are not vulnerable by default. Unless you have enabled the HTTP Trailer Support via EnableTrailerSupport registry value, the systems are not vulnerable.
- Delete the DWORD registry value “EnableTrailerSupport” if present under:
- This mitigation only applies to Windows Server 2019 and Windows 10, version 1809 and does not apply to the Windows 20H2 and newer.
- How could an attacker exploit this vulnerability?
- In most situations, an unauthenticated attacker could send a specially crafted packet to a targeted server utilizing the HTTP Protocol Stack (http.sys) to process packets.
- Is this wormable?
- Yes. Microsoft recommends prioritizing the patching of affected servers.
- Windows 10, Version 1909 is not in the Security Updates table. Is it affected by this vulnerability?
- No, the vulnerable code does not exist in Windows 10, version 1909. It is not affected by this vulnerability.
- Is the EnableTrailerSupport registry key present in any other platform than Windows Server 2019 and Windows 10, version 1809?
- No, the registry key is only present in Windows Server 2019 and Windows 10, version 1809